As a Drug Addiction Diversion Specialist, you will be overseeing lab operations, teaching others how to collect samples and identify individuals at risk for addiction or diversion, and conduct best practices training for compliance testing with quality control procedures that you implement during the specimen collection process. You will work alongside medical staff who collect and process specimens for urinalysis/drug screens and their results in a timely manner. Exact location nearby and to be discussed during the interview.
- Professionally oversee all duties related to collection, shipment, billing, and reporting in a timely manner
- Recording data and tracking outcomes of alternative to narcotic treatments
- Implement protocols for patients randomized to be tested
- Accurately and legibly complete laboratory requisitions with complete insurance information
- If patients are new or have updated insurance information, copy patient facesheet and include with requisition and sample; always validate patient insurance information with what is on file
- Ensuring diagnosis information comes from the ordering physician/authorized designee; and diagnosis code filled in on the requisition.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and safeguard all patient information
- Complete specimen tracker and print any reports, keeping one copy for records and send one copy with specimen
- Coordinate specimen shipment with FedEx
- Print and report lab results when requested
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- Be courteous and polite when dealing with patients and the office staff